Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation software improving product design & development
By leveraging our unique, inherently transient Lattice Boltzmann-based physics PowerFLOW® CFD solution performs simulations that accurately predict real world conditions.
Using the PowerFLOW suite, engineers evaluate product performance early in the design process prior to any prototype being built — when the impact of change is most significant for design and budgets.
PowerFLOW imports fully complex model geometry and accurately and efficiently performs aerodynamic, aeroacoustic and thermal management simulations.
- High fidelity transient Lattice Boltzmann based solution, accurate across most flow regimes (laminar to transonic) to solve the most complex CFD design problems in Transportation & Mobility and Aerospace & Defense
- Automated domain discretization and turbulence modeling with wall treatment eliminates the need for manual volume meshing and boundary layer meshing
- Confidently run PowerFLOW simulations using large number of compute cores on common High Performance Computing (HPC) platforms
- Utilize moving geometries and Local Reference Frames (LRF), particle modeling, heat exchanger modeling, porous media with flow, thermal and acoustic effects; Realistic Wind for on-road turbulent wind conditions to simulate real world effects
- Simulate conjugate heat transfer problems with surface and volume conduction, thermal radiation and human thermal comfort using built-in variable interval coupling with PowerTHERM
- Simulate effect of multiple heat exchangers for underhood cooling using coupled PowerCOOL
- Use standardized Application Templates to automate pre & post processing for common applications and customize for specific engineering environments
- Create and import geometry, define initial & boundary conditions and choose measurements to record during simulation with this application. The intuitive, fast interface application provides an entirely automated fluid grid generation solution
- PowerFLOW can simulate true roating geometry to optimize performance and noise in systems, such as: wheel aerodynamics, brakes, HVAC systems, cooling fans and more
- PowerFLOW suite has the ability to seamlessly integrate PowerTHERM surface termperature & heat fluxes technologies PowerACOUSTICS aeroacousitc noise technologies to existing simulated designs
- The digital wind tunnel model includes static and moving ground plane modeling and boundary layer suction point to match that of real-life experimental wind tunnels
- Upon simulation completion, PowerVIZ analyses results quickly and PowerINSIGHT automates results analysis
- Once a surface mesh model is prepared, the same model may be used to perform additional simulations. Setup, grid generation, simulation and results analysis can be performed in less than a day
To learn more about PowerFLOW’s solutions and download the product brief click here.
Watch our on-demand webinar to learn about CFD for design on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.