Streamline the Publishing of Model Based Definition Data
Model Based Definition (MBD) is a common methodology for many industries to simplify their product development process. With MBD, all information to define, manufacture and inspect a part or assembly is contained in the 3D model. While this saves time in design and eliminates additional documents to manage and revise, it can be difficult for many downstream users to find the specific information they need and tedious to develop shop aids and First Article Inspection (FAI) reports.
The Inceptra MBD Accelerator solution for CATIA V5 or ENOVIA DMU streamlines the publishing of your MBD product data throughout your organization by extracting important design information and presenting it in simple, usable formats such as Microsoft Excel®. It enables the quick generation of manufacturing documents and automates the production of FAI reports.
- Shop aids for manufacturing
- First Article Inspection (FAI) reports for quality
- Model analysis for the bidding process
- Material reports for purchasing
Easily configure CATIA models in accordance with different OEM standards
The Inceptra MBD Accelerator is easy to configure to work with the many different ways that MBD can be defined and organized in a CATIA model to follow various OEM standards. The content and format of reports can also be customized. Configuration Profiles can be defined and distributed to suppliers to ensure consistent reporting throughout the supply chain.
Video demonstration of MBD Accelerator
- Supports CATIA V5 Parts and Assemblies
- Fully configurable to work with different methods that annotations are created in models
- Configurable report formats
- Extraction of Captures and Notes
- Preview Captures before the extraction process
- Extraction of Notes stored in any location within the model
- Automatic First Article Inspection (FAI) Ballooning
- Creation of FAI Reports
- Language Support – English and French currently
Supports all MBD data types
- 3D Dimensions
- Annotation Sets
- Geometric Dimension & Annotation
- Title Block Information
- 3D Flag Notes
- Surface Finishes
- CATIA V5 or ENOVIA DMU (V5-6R2013 – V5-6R2019)
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Office 2003 – 2019 or Office 365
Inceptra also provides a full range of Consulting Services for companies who are beginning to work in a Model Based Definition environment.
- MBD Quickstart for Model Creators:
Learn how to define standard templates for capturing MBD to support all downstream applications.
- MBD Quickstart for Downstream:
Learn how to extract and use MBD in manufacturing processes.
MBD Accelerator 4.0 updates
Available Add-On – MBD Accelerator Net-Inspect Connector
The Net-Inspect Connector is an add-on capability to the base Inceptra MBD Accelerator application. It is used by organizations to streamline the publication of CATIA 3D MBD information directly to the Net-Inspect website. For more information, see product page.