Create Manufacturing-Ready Plastic Parts
Designing and creating molded parts requires a fast and flexible solution based on cutting-edge technology, so you have time to keep up-to-date with the latest design market trends and stay ahead of the competition.
CATIA Plastic Mechanical Designer delivers ultra-fast functional modeling for unmatched productivity and flexibility to address the complete design-to-manufacturing preparation process of molded parts. It responds to the needs of companies that require an optimal method for dealing with changes throughout the product lifecycle.
A comprehensive set of applications to create manufacturing-ready molded parts, using ultra-fast functional modeling technology:
- Designs always respect manufacturability properties like constant thickness, parting elements, pulling direction and draft angles.
- All features whether applied at the beginning or the end, constantly interact with the design’s topology.
- Complex plastic part features like grills, ribs, reinforcements and bosses can be created quickly using dedicated commands.
- Apply know-how rules to ensure the best technological and design-for-manufacturing practices.
- Plastic filling simulation is available out of the box which allows you to address manufacturing concerns like fill times, flow restrictions, air entrapments, weld lines, etc. in the design phase itself.
Collaborative Innovation (CNV) and Collaborative Sharing (PCS)
- CATIA Functional Plastic Parts
- CATIA Shape Healing
- CATIA Part Feature Recognition
- CATIA 3D Printing Preparation
- CATIA Natural Shape
- CATIA Natural Assembly
- CATIA Bent Part Design
- CATIA Assembly Design
- CATIA Mechanical Systems Design
- CATIA Part Design
- CATIA Drafting
- CATIA 2D Layout for 3D Design
- CATIA Generative Wireframe & Surface
- CATIA 3D Templates Capture
- CATIA Know-how Reuse
- CATIA Engineering Templates Reuse
- CATIA Component Family Definition
- SIMULIA Material Definition
- CATIA Product Structure Design
- CATIA Weight Analysis
- CATIA Engineering IP Control
- Converter for IGES
- Converter for STEP
- ENOVIA Design Review
- ENOVIA Interference Check
- ENOVIA Interference Finder
- SIMULIA Plastic Part Design Filling