Delivering Computational Fluid Dynamics to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
Abaqus Fluid Mechanics Simulation brings Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) capabilities to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, extending simulation capabilities to modeling fluid flow and heat transfer. It also leverages co-simulation to extend analysis capability to both conjugate heat transfer and Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) problems.
Abaqus Fluid Mechanics Simulation is available on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. This permits a seamless switch between applications, allowing users to be product-focused: applying the right tool at the right time in their workflow processes. This allows a much greater degree of flexibility and collaboration in the design and simulation process, where geometry changes are automatically updated and made immediately available on the same platform for the analyst to obtain updated results.
Abaqus Fluid Mechanics Simulation is available on premise and on cloud.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Reduced complexity of CFD workflows on a variety of flow scenarios
- Accurate results for complex boundary layer problems and turbulent flows
- Reduce computational time for steady state and transient problems
- Dedicated CFD workflow
- CAD and CFD associativity that shortens the CAD-to-CFD cycle time
- Automatic domain extraction through surface wrapping
- Hex dominate meshing including body fitted prism layers to accurately resolve boundary layers
- Both steady and transient solvers included
- Handles both laminar and turbulent (incompressible) flows and non-Newtonian fluids
- High Performance CFD specific visualization