Upon completion of this course students will gain an understanding of how to utilize CATIA V5 manufacturing workbenches to create 2.5 through 5 axis tool paths utilizing solid, prismatic, and surface machining operations.
- $2,125 / Student
- 5 Days
- CATIA V5 Fundamentals
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Overview of tools specific to the Prismatic, Surface, Advanced Part Machining and Multi-Axis (optional) Workbenches.
- How to setup and create 2.5-5 axis machining operations including macros, auto sequencing, and tool path verification & simulation.
- How to generate output using the integrated post processor.
- How to import CATIA V4 data (optional)
- How to create prismatic machining areas and rework areas.
- 5-Axis machining operations (as requested by students).
- Advanced Part Machining operations including: Multi-Axis Flank Contouring and Cavity Roughing operations.
- NC Review
- Introduction: Workbench Presentation
- Creating a Part Operation
- Importing Files
- Tool Path Simulation and Verification
- Generating Outputs (APT Source – NC Code – HTML document)
- Tool Management
- Axial Operations
- Generating Auxiliary Operations in Part Operations
- Managing Design Changes
- Transition Paths (macros)
- Creating a Machining Feature
- Geometrical Zones
- Machining/Slope Area Creation
- Rework Area Creation
- Offset Group Creation
- Creating 3-Axis Surface Machining Operations
- Roughing Operations
- Sweeping Operations
- Pencil Operations
- Contour-driven Operations
- Spiral Milling Operations
- Profile Contouring Operations
- Multi-Axis Operations (as requested by students)
- Multi-Axis Sweeping
- Multi-Axis Contour Driven
- Multi-Axis Curve Machining
- Multi-Axis Isoparametric Machining
- Multi-Axis Drilling
- Multi-Axis Tube Machining
- Flank Contouring Operations
- Cavity Roughing operations
Indicates that a class is "Guaranteed to Run"
No training promotion currently available on this course. Check back next month.