Upon completion of this course students will gain an understanding of how to utilize CATIA V5 manufacturing workbenches to create 2.5 through 5 axis tool paths utilizing solid, prismatic, and surface machining operations.
- $2,125 / Student
- 5 Days
- CATIA V5 Fundamentals
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Overview of tools specific to the Prismatic, Surface, Advanced Part Machining and Multi-Axis (optional) Workbenches.
- How to setup and create 2.5-5 axis machining operations including macros, auto sequencing, and tool path verification & simulation.
- How to generate output using the integrated post processor.
- How to import CATIA V4 data (optional)
- How to create prismatic machining areas and rework areas.
- 5-Axis machining operations (as requested by students).
- Advanced Part Machining operations including: Multi-Axis Flank Contouring and Cavity Roughing operations.
- NC Review
- Introduction: Workbench Presentation
- Creating a Part Operation
- Importing Files
- Tool Path Simulation and Verification
- Generating Outputs (APT Source – NC Code – HTML document)
- Tool Management
- Axial Operations
- Generating Auxiliary Operations in Part Operations
- Managing Design Changes
- Transition Paths (macros)
- Creating a Machining Feature
- Geometrical Zones
- Machining/Slope Area Creation
- Rework Area Creation
- Offset Group Creation
- Creating 3-Axis Surface Machining Operations
- Roughing Operations
- Sweeping Operations
- Pencil Operations
- Contour-driven Operations
- Spiral Milling Operations
- Profile Contouring Operations
- Multi-Axis Operations (as requested by students)
- Multi-Axis Sweeping
- Multi-Axis Contour Driven
- Multi-Axis Curve Machining
- Multi-Axis Isoparametric Machining
- Multi-Axis Drilling
- Multi-Axis Tube Machining
- Flank Contouring Operations
- Cavity Roughing operations
Indicates that a class is "Guaranteed to Run"
20% Discount on Live Remote Classes
Join an Inceptra virtual classroom taught by a live instructor from wherever you are. All you need is a computer with internet access to get training on Dassault Systèmes solutions.
Students can interact with instructors during class and instructors maintain visibility of each student’s progress during lab exercises.
Some restrictions apply:
- Cannot be applied to existing Purchase Orders
- Valid for public schedule classes only
- 20% discount offer ends June 30, 2021
Receive a Free Lenovo Tablet
Receive a free Lenovo Tablet when attending a 5 day class.
Some restrictions apply:
- Student must attend a 5 day training class
- Maximum of one (1) free tablet per individual
- Valid for scheduled classes only
- Class curriculum is locked to the tablet and no hardcopy curriculum is provided
- Students that attend additional Inceptra 5 day scheduled classes will be provided with the class material for their tablet