This course provides an in-depth look at several advanced Abaqus/CAE capabilities: CAD geometry import and repair, meshing and partitioning of complicated geometry. Both native and neutral geometry formats are discussed. An in-depth treatment of meshing techniques is also provided, including the use of virtual topology to ease the meshing of complicated geometry in the presence of small geometric features.
- $1,200 / Student
- 2 Days
- Recommended for users with basic knowledge of Abaqus/CAE who wish to become more proficient with the product.
Real-world engineering commonly involves the analysis and design of complicated geometry. These types of analysis depend critically on having a modeling tool with a robust geometry import capability in conjunction with advanced, easy-to-use mesh generation algorithms.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Import, edit, and repair CAD geometry
- Import and edit orphan meshes
- Use virtual topology to ease the meshing of complicated geometry
- Partition geometry to enable different meshing techniques
Lesson 1: Geometry Import and Repair
Lesson 2: Orphan and Native Meshes
Lesson 3: Meshing and Partitioning
Lesson 4: Bottom-up Meshing
No training promotion currently available on this course. Check back next month.