This course provides an in-depth discussion on solving non-linear problems in Abaqus/Standard with an emphasis on modeling and convergence-related issues for contact. Convergence issues related to complicated material models and geometrically unstable behavior are also covered. Years of practical experience in understanding and resolving convergence issues have been condensed into this course.
- $1,800 / Student
- 3 Days
- This course is recommended for simulation analysts or engineers with experience using Abaqus.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define general contact and contact pairs
- Define appropriate surfaces (rigid or deformable)
- Model frictional contact
- Model large sliding between deformable bodies
- Resolve overclosures in interference fit problems
- Understand how nonlinear problems are solved in Abaqus
- Develop Abaqus models that will converge
- Identify modeling errors that cause models to experience convergence difficulties
- Recognize when a problem is too difficult or too ill-posed to be solved effectively
Lesson 1: Introduction to Nonlinear FEA
Lesson 2: Contact Workflow
Lesson 3: Nonlinear FEA with Abaqus/Standard
Lesson 4: Why Abaqus Fails to Converge
Lesson 5: Surface Based Contact
Lesson 6: Solution of Unstable Problems
Lesson 7: Contact Properties
Lesson 8: Convergence Problems: Element Behavior
Lesson 9: Convergence Problems: Materials
Lesson 10: Interference Fits
Lesson 11: Convergence Problems: Constraints and Loading
Lesson 12: Modeling Tips
Please Contact Us for more details about scheduling a class.
No training promotion currently available on this course. Check back next month.