Dassault Systèmes has announced a new Industry Experience for suppliers in Aerospace & Defense called Engineered to Fly. The focus on industry specific solutions helps customers address their exact needs, while also addressing the needs of that industry. Of the 12 industry specific solutions available, Engineered to Fly is from the Aerospace and Defense Solution Experience category. Not only is it a refresh to the application interface, but it is the state of the art solution running on a powerful database which allows cross disciplines to securely interact over the internet.
View our recent Webinar on Engineered to Fly
There are many business drivers that led to Dassault Systemes dedicating a specific industry solution for their customers in this business sector. There is a renaissance of growth anticipated in the aerospace industry. The current 2.5 billion passengers is expected to grow to 16 billion in the next 50 years, meaning an additional 33,500 planes resulting in 4 trillion dollars worth of business. For Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) to capitalize on this opportunity, they must be able to increase their manufacturing rate to meet demands. At the same time, suppliers must be able to operate at a higher efficiency to do more with the same resources while not increasing costs.
Small and medium aerospace and defense suppliers face significant pressure to improve gross margins, revenues and market share. The number of companies competing for business is rising while original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) demand higher production rates and imposing just-in-time delivery of parts and systems requiring greater production flexibility from suppliers.
The Engineered to Fly industry solution experience based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform allows small and medium suppliers to grow their business profitably. Enhanced business execution begins with knowledge capture of the end-to-end proposal process to ensure repeatability and reusability that allows companies to reduce the time spent on tactical proposal management. This frees companies to respond to more Requests for Quotes (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) with improved accuracy on areas such as schedule and cost. In addition, digital continuity provided by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform reduces complexity in product development by integrating functions (e.g., sales, engineering, simulation, manufacturing and quality control). With digital continuity across functions, or throughout the complete value stream, aerospace and defense suppliers can achieve higher margins through reduced design time; increased quality as issues are identified early, reduced number of duplicate parts, and optimized manufacturing.
Discover the values of the Engineered to Fly solution:
1) Driven and controlled execution for secure intellectual property (IP) while collaborating with multiple original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)
- Live status of all current proposals and projects with associated KPIs; Drive the execution of the project in a connected way. Secure your IP, provide traceability for Authority or OEM certifications. Manage your collaboration with multiple customers in a secured environment
2) Enhanced operational efficiency leveraging real-time project execution, predefined templates and automated processes
- Improve Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Reusable proposal templates & automatic routing and tracking of all data to define, design and manufacture components in collaboration with OEMs
3) Digital continuity optimized with dedicated solutions for each major design discipline: covering processes from design engineering to manufacturing and production
- Integrated value streams – for design engineering through manufacturing – that use best in class engineering tools integrated with quality and simulation management in a controlled environment
If you are a component supplier, or small equipment supplier, build to order or engineer to order company, creating machined parts, composite parts, sheetmetal parts, jigs and fixtures, or system and equipment components for the aerospace industry, this solution is right for you.
Also see the News Release on this new Industry Experience highlighting Inceptra’s customer GDC Technics.