Obtaining converged solutions for highly nonlinear simulations can sometimes be challenging. Difficulties can arise, especially in simulations involving contact, complicated material models and geometrically unstable behavior. Many years of practical experience in understanding and resolving convergence issues have been condensed into this course.
- $1,200 / Student
- 2 Days
- This course is recommended for simulation analysts or engineers with experience using Abaqus.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how nonlinear problems are solved in Abaqus
- Develop Abaqus models that will converge
- Identify modeling errors that cause models to experience convergence difficulties
- Recognize when a problem is too difficult or too ill-posed to be solved effectively
Lesson 1: Introduction to Nonlinear FEA
Lesson 2: Nonlinear FEA with Abaqus/Standard
Lesson 3: Solution of Unstable Problems
Lesson 4: Why Abaqus Fails to Converge
Lesson 5: Contact Simulations
Lesson 6: Element Behavior
Lesson 7: Constraints and Loading
Lesson 8: Materials
10-20% Discount on Live Remote Training Classes
10% discount – 1 student
20% discount – 2 or more students
Join an Inceptra virtual classroom taught by a live instructor from wherever you are. All you need is a computer with internet access to get training on Dassault Systèmes solutions.
Students can interact with instructors during class and instructors maintain visibility of each student’s progress during lab exercises.
Some restrictions apply:
- Cannot be applied to existing Purchase Orders
- Valid for public schedule classes only
- Multi-student discount applies to students attending the same class
- 10-20% discount offer ends December 31, 2020