Obtaining converged solutions for highly nonlinear simulations can sometimes be challenging. Difficulties can arise, especially in simulations involving contact, complicated material models and geometrically unstable behavior. Many years of practical experience in understanding and resolving convergence issues have been condensed into this course.
- $1,200 / Student
- 2 Days
- This course is recommended for simulation analysts or engineers with experience using Abaqus.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how nonlinear problems are solved in Abaqus
- Develop Abaqus models that will converge
- Identify modeling errors that cause models to experience convergence difficulties
- Recognize when a problem is too difficult or too ill-posed to be solved effectively
Lesson 1: Introduction to Nonlinear FEA
Lesson 2: Nonlinear FEA with Abaqus/Standard
Lesson 3: Solution of Unstable Problems
Lesson 4: Why Abaqus Fails to Converge
Lesson 5: Contact Simulations
Lesson 6: Element Behavior
Lesson 7: Constraints and Loading
Lesson 8: Materials
Please Contact Us for more details about scheduling a class.
No training promotion currently available on this course. Check back next month.