Participants are given a brief overview of the contact formulation and contact logic used in Abaqus/Standard. The hands-on workshops provide ample opportunity to use the concepts developed in the lectures and to learn how to postprocess the results of a contact analysis.
- $1,200 / Student
- 2 Days
- This course is recommended for simulation analysts or engineers with experience using Abaqus/ Standard.
Understanding the interaction between bodies is essential for solving many engineering problems. Manufacturing processes, gears, bearings, seals and dynamic impact events all involve contact.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define general contact and contact pairs
- Define appropriate surfaces (rigid or deformable)
- Model frictional contact
- Model large sliding between deformable bodies
- Analyze dynamic impact problems
- Resolve overclosures in interference fit problems
- Avoid overconstraining the model
- Avoid rigid body motions and unstable motions
- Use pre-tension sections to simulate assembly loads
Lesson 1: Introducing Modeling Contact with Abaqus/Standard
Lesson 2: Contact Workflow
Lesson 3: Surface-based Contact
Lesson 4: Contact Logic and Diagnostic Tools
Lesson 5: Contact Properties
Lesson 6: Interference Fits
Lesson 7: Additional Features
Lesson 8: Modeling Tips
Multi-Student Discount on Live Remote Training Classes
10% discount – 2 or more students
Join an Inceptra virtual classroom taught by a live instructor from wherever you are. All you need is a computer with internet access to get training on Dassault Systèmes solutions.
Students can interact with instructors during class and instructors maintain visibility of each student’s progress during lab exercises.
Some restrictions apply:
- Cannot be applied to existing Purchase Orders
- Valid for public schedule classes only
- Multi-student discount applies to students attending the same class
- 10% discount offer ends February 26, 2021