Participants are given a brief overview of the contact formulation and contact logic used in Abaqus/Standard. The hands-on workshops provide ample opportunity to use the concepts developed in the lectures and to learn how to postprocess the results of a contact analysis.
- $1,200 / Student
- 2 Days
- This course is recommended for simulation analysts or engineers with experience using Abaqus/ Standard.
Understanding the interaction between bodies is essential for solving many engineering problems. Manufacturing processes, gears, bearings, seals and dynamic impact events all involve contact.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define general contact and contact pairs
- Define appropriate surfaces (rigid or deformable)
- Model frictional contact
- Model large sliding between deformable bodies
- Analyze dynamic impact problems
- Resolve overclosures in interference fit problems
- Avoid overconstraining the model
- Avoid rigid body motions and unstable motions
- Use pre-tension sections to simulate assembly loads
Lesson 1: Introducing Modeling Contact with Abaqus/Standard
Lesson 2: Contact Workflow
Lesson 3: Surface-based Contact
Lesson 4: Contact Logic and Diagnostic Tools
Lesson 5: Contact Properties
Lesson 6: Interference Fits
Lesson 7: Additional Features
Lesson 8: Modeling Tips
Please Contact Us for more details about scheduling a class.
No training promotion currently available on this course. Check back next month.