This introductory course is the ideal way to obtain a working knowledge of how to use both Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit to solve linear and nonlinear problems. It introduces you to the analysis capabilities of Abaqus using the keywords interface. This course is suitable for all Abaqus users, regardless of which modeling package they use. It is also designed to complement the Introduction to Abaqus/CAE course.
- $1,740 / Student
- 3 Days
- No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but some basic knowledge of finite elements and continuum mechanics is desirable.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Complete Finite Element models using Abaqus keywords
- Submit/monitor analysis jobs and view/evaluate simulation results
- Solve structural analysis problems using Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit, including the effects of material nonlinearity, large deformation and contact
The course covers the following topics:
- Fundamental modeling techniques and input syntax
- Linear and nonlinear statics
- Selection of the appropriate element for your problem
- Adaptive load incrementation and convergence criteria
- Interpretation of messages issued by Abaqus
- Geometric, material and contact-induced nonlinearity
- Linear elasticity and metal plasticity
- Restarting of analyses
- Appropriate modeling for contact problems
- Eigenfrequency extraction
- Linear and nonlinear dynamics
- Model transfer between Abaqus/Explicit and Abaqus/Standard
Lesson 1: Defining an Abaqus Model
Lesson 2: Linear Static Analysis
Lesson 3: Nonlinear Analysis in Abaqus/Standard Lesson
Lesson 4: Multistep Analysis in Abaqus
Lesson 5: Constraints and Contact
Lesson 6: Introduction to Dynamics
Lesson 7: Using Abaqus/Explicit
Lesson 8: Quasi-Static Analysis in Abaqus/Explicit
Lesson 9: Combining Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit
Please Contact Us for more details about scheduling a class.
No training promotion currently available on this course. Check back next month.