This introductory course is the ideal way to obtain a working knowledge of how to use both Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit to solve linear and nonlinear problems. It introduces you to the analysis capabilities of Abaqus using the keywords interface. This course is suitable for all Abaqus users, regardless of which modeling package they use. It is also designed to complement the Introduction to Abaqus/CAE course.
- $1,740 / Student
- 3 Days
- No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but some basic knowledge of finite elements and continuum mechanics is desirable.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Complete Finite Element models using Abaqus keywords
- Submit/monitor analysis jobs and view/evaluate simulation results
- Solve structural analysis problems using Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit, including the effects of material nonlinearity, large deformation and contact
The course covers the following topics:
- Fundamental modeling techniques and input syntax
- Linear and nonlinear statics
- Selection of the appropriate element for your problem
- Adaptive load incrementation and convergence criteria
- Interpretation of messages issued by Abaqus
- Geometric, material and contact-induced nonlinearity
- Linear elasticity and metal plasticity
- Restarting of analyses
- Appropriate modeling for contact problems
- Eigenfrequency extraction
- Linear and nonlinear dynamics
- Model transfer between Abaqus/Explicit and Abaqus/Standard
Lesson 1: Defining an Abaqus Model
Lesson 2: Linear Static Analysis
Lesson 3: Nonlinear Analysis in Abaqus/Standard Lesson
Lesson 4: Multistep Analysis in Abaqus
Lesson 5: Constraints and Contact
Lesson 6: Introduction to Dynamics
Lesson 7: Using Abaqus/Explicit
Lesson 8: Quasi-Static Analysis in Abaqus/Explicit
Lesson 9: Combining Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit
Please Contact Us for more details about scheduling a class.
10-20% Discount on Live Remote Training Classes
10% discount – 1 student
20% discount – 2 or more students
Join an Inceptra virtual classroom taught by a live instructor from wherever you are. All you need is a computer with internet access to get training on Dassault Systèmes solutions.
Students can interact with instructors during class and instructors maintain visibility of each student’s progress during lab exercises.
Some restrictions apply:
- Cannot be applied to existing Purchase Orders
- Valid for public schedule classes only
- Multi-student discount applies to students attending the same class
- 10-20% discount offer ends December 31, 2020