The success of many structural designs requires a thorough understanding of both the thermal and mechanical response of the design. Temperature-dependent material properties, thermally-induced deformation, and temperature variations all may be important design considerations. Practical examples and workshops are used to illustrate these capabilities in Abaqus.
- $1200 / Student
- 2 Days
- This course is recommended for simulation analysts or engineers with experience using Abaqus.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Perform steady-state and transient heat transfer simulations
- Solve cavity radiation problems
- Model latent heat effects
- Perform adiabatic, sequential, and fully coupled thermal-stress analyses
- Model contact in heat transfer problems
Lesson 1: Introduction to Heat Transfer
Lesson 2: Heat Transfer Basics
Lesson 3: Geometry, Material Properties, and Elements
Lesson 4: Solver Procedures and Convergence
Lesson 5: Boundary Conditions and Loads
Lesson 6: Thermal Interfaces
Lesson 7: Thermal Output and Postprocessing
Lesson 8: Thermal-Stress Analysis
Lesson 9: Sequentially-Coupled Thermal-Stress Analysis
Lesson 10: Fully-Coupled Thermal-Stress Analysis
Lesson 11: Adiabatic Analysis
Multi-Student Discount on Live Remote Training Classes
10% discount – 2 or more students
Join an Inceptra virtual classroom taught by a live instructor from wherever you are. All you need is a computer with internet access to get training on Dassault Systèmes solutions.
Students can interact with instructors during class and instructors maintain visibility of each student’s progress during lab exercises.
Some restrictions apply:
- Cannot be applied to existing Purchase Orders
- Valid for public schedule classes only
- Multi-student discount applies to students attending the same class
- 10% discount offer ends March 31, 2021