The course emphasizes practical skills and techniques that are needed for analyses with Abaqus/Explicit. The course uses examples derived from actual industrial applications to reinforce the concepts and issues discussed in the lectures.
- $1,800 / Student
- 3 Days
- This course is recommended for simulation analysts and engineers with experience using Abaqus.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use the explicit dynamics method effectively, including the application of general contact, mass scaling, and adaptive remeshing
- Use Abaqus/Explicit and Abaqus/Standard together to solve difficult problems
- Model high-strain-rate deformation and failure
- Filter output
The course includes the following topics:
- The explicit dynamics method
- General contact
- Adaptive meshing
- Automatic mass scaling for impact problems
- Automatic mass scaling for quasi-static problems
- Using both Abaqus/Explicit and Abaqus/Standard to solve difficult problems like results transfer and co-simulation
- Modeling high-strain-rate deformation and failure
- Output filtering
- Managing large models
Lesson 1: Overview of Abaqus/Explicit
Lesson 2: Elements
Lesson 3: Contact Modeling
Lesson 4: Quasi-Static Analyses
Lesson 5: Constraints and Connections
Lesson 6: Impact and Post-buckling Analyses
Lesson 7: Material Damage and Failure
Lesson 8: Importing and Transferring Results
Lesson 9: Managing Large Models
Lesson 10: Output Filtering
Please Contact Us for more details about scheduling a class.
20% Discount on Live Remote Classes
Join an Inceptra virtual classroom taught by a live instructor from wherever you are. All you need is a computer with internet access to get training on Dassault Systèmes solutions.
Students can interact with instructors during class and instructors maintain visibility of each student’s progress during lab exercises.
Some restrictions apply:
- Cannot be applied to existing Purchase Orders
- Valid for public schedule classes only
- 20% discount offer ends June 30, 2021