Anywhere in the USA or Canada – remote position
Inceptra is a leading provider of best-in-class Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) technology and services to engineering and manufacturing businesses across a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial equipment, consumer goods, high tech, life sciences, and civil engineering. Inceptra is a top-level Platinum Partner and a highest tier Gold Certified Education Partner for Dassault Systèmes solutions.
The SIMULIA Application Engineer (Support & Services) reports to the Support & Services Manager and will interact with Inceptra customers through our technical support line, teach training classes and work on consulting projects with respect to the SIMULIA brand simulation software in the areas of structural, thermal, optimization, and automation.
Occasionally, the SIMULIA Application Engineer (Support & Services) will need to assist Inceptra sales representatives with the management of customer relationships with technical discussions for software products and solutions to meet customer needs with respect to the SIMULIA brand simulation software in the areas of structural, thermal, optimization, and automation.
- Assist in end-to-end pre-sales activities demonstrating the value of 3DEXPERIENCE Modeling and Simulation (MODSIM) products, understand customer requirements, propose solutions, build proof of concept simulations and demonstrate software capabilities
- Assist Inceptra sales representatives with quotes, orders, licensing, and sales campaigns for SIMULIA brand products and solutions with respect to 3DEXPERIENCE MODSIM products
- Occasionally assist with Inceptra’s technical support line, attending virtual meetings, answering emails, logging & tracking customer support queries, with respect to 3DEXPERIENCE MODSIM products
- Occasionally conduct technical training classes in person or via live remote to customers in support of purchased SIMULIA software products and solutions, with respect to 3DEXPERIENCE MODSIM products
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Must have experience with SIMULIA brand software such as Abaqus, Tosca, fe-safe & Isight
- Must have knowledge of MS software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Must be able to work independently most of the time but be self-aware to know when to ask for help and guidance
- Must be able to learn lessons from solving problems to avoid future problems
- Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills as well as professionalism
- Must be willing to travel occasionally up to 10% to existing and prospective customer office locations for presentations, demonstrations, meetings and training classes
- Experience with other physics domains such as Fluids (CFD), MBD (Multi-Body Dynamics), Acoustics, etc. would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year College or University in Mechanical Engineering or relevant comparable experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada
Inceptra is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.