Anywhere in the U.S. – remote position
Inceptra is a leading provider of best-in-class Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) technology and services to engineering and manufacturing businesses across a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial equipment, consumer goods, high tech, life sciences and civil engineering. Inceptra is a top-level Platinum Partner and highest tier Gold Certified Education Partner for Dassault Systèmes solutions.
The MBSE Application Engineer (AE) is primarily responsible for all technical requirements during pre-sales activities. This includes identifying needs, demonstrating products, software configuration for quote generation, and development of ROI justification as well as closing meeting support.
The mission of the MBSE team is to apply their expertise in Systems Engineering, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and the CATIA Magic/No Magic suite of modeling tools to support customer adoption and execution of MBSE and to support sales engagements through analysis of customer needs and recommendations of solutions.
Responsibilities include pre-sales support, detailed product knowledge (including cutting-edge software evaluation and analysis), competitive software analysis, software installation and configuration, training and consulting, business process audits, and presentation development and delivery.
In your role as an Application Engineer on the MBSE team, you will:
- Earn OSCMP certification for SysML
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of Model-based systems engineering
- Sustain proficiency in the use of CATIA Magic/No Magic applications/tools
- Provide Consulting to clients on MBSE best practices, modeling techniques and use of tool features through remote/web-based and on-site engagements
- Demonstrate CATIA Magic solutions to clients
- Deliver training to clients for OMG standard modeling languages (SysML, UAF, etc.), core tool features and advanced features through remote/web-based and on-site engagements
- Provide MBSE consulting and mentoring to other Inceptra sales and service personnel involved in sales or deployment of CATIA Magic/No Magic tools and applications
- Support Inceptra and Dassault Systemes organized workshops, seminars, and sales activities with development of example models, best practices, and tool demonstrations
- Participate, publish, and present at systems engineering and industry specific events such as INCOSE, NDIA, IEEE, ITEA, etc.
- We are looking for a self-starter who can quickly come up to speed on cutting edge technologies
- We need a team player, capable of communicating and working with system domain SMEs, peers, managers, and customers
- This position requires inquisitive, outgoing, and motivated individuals with sound Systems Engineering and SysML/UML modeling capabilities, preferably using CATIA Magic/No Magic (Magic Draw)
- The ideal candidates are self-starters who can work with minimal supervision, navigate at the expert level with System Modeling tools, and are familiar with developing Use Cases, Activity Models, and other SYSML models
- The successful candidates will have excellent people skills and the desire and self-confidence to work with a highly technical team of engineers
- U.S. citizenship required
- BS or MS in Systems Engineering preferred
- 5-10 years of Systems Engineering experience with emphasis on system architecture and system design
- 3-5 years using one or more system design or architecture modeling tools; developing solution architecture models using SysML using one or more MBSE modeling tools; developing enterprise architectures using standard frameworks (DODAF, UAF) using UPDM and/or UAF using one or more MBSE/EA modeling tools
- Achievement of (or ability to achieve INCOSE certification (ASEP/CSEP/ESEP) and experience in application of the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook Technical Processes or ISO/IEEE 15288
- Desire to teach and mentor on languages, tools, and methods for application of MBSE
- Ability to present and speak to large and small audiences
- Ability to apply critical thinking to customer problems and issues and develop practical solutions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally by commercial air carrier required
Inceptra is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.